Generally speaking, if you are sexually active (this includes oral sex!), you should be thinking about whether you might be at risk for STIs and whether you should seek testing. You should consider undergoing testing for STIs if:
- You have a new sexual partner
- You have multiple or anonymous sexual partners
- You or your partners have other sexual partners and it’s been 3 to 6 months since your last test.
- Symptoms are showing up
- You had sex with someone with an STI
- You had sex without a condom, or the condom broke